I couldn't remember my password--and I panicked
I was dyeing to write--like someone was stacking bricks on top of my open heart--stacking...one..at..a...time
I didn't mean to not love you--I didn't mean to hurt you
and I don't know if I don't mean what I didn't mean a line ago.
but if I don't mean it, that means I made a mistake
and if I do mean it that means I caused hurt--real hurt
In all honesty I'm speechless--breathless--thoughtless--passionless
At the exact moment a person realizes something is missing, the air is sucked
Clarity is a commodified, programized idea
we think we should get once the calendar is no longer filled with times and practices and meetings and obligations.
Standards somebody else has set dictate my work--standards I have set seem to simply get in the way.
Something is missing and it's not the cliche
it's not the challenge
it's not the comfort
why do I have to be ready? why do I have to not be ready? why do I have to choose RIGHT now and why did it have to come RIGHT now?
i wonder if i'll ever be ready, if the idea of 'being ready' is a joke--the idea of 'not settling' is a joke--the idea of 'being yourself' is a joke--the idea of 'self exploration' and 'identity formation' is a joke--the idea of a 'soulmate' is a joke.
we are fed images and ideas--told this is how fairy tales begin...and yet never told how they end --does happily ever after include work schedules and job security and patience and time?
everything looks different after the storm--the clouds have parted, the rain stopped--
emotions are soaked by thousands of kisses
hearts are trampled by thousands of unrequited feelings
the gray fog has lifted but the wind has left the contents strewn
--where does everything belong?
there was all this noise, twisting and blowing and meddling
there was no time for reflecting
there was no time for doing what keeps her sane--she ran--she ran--she ran
do I ask him to understand she's part of a movement...a change...so desperate for love yet so desperate for independence? a movement nobody has chartered so nobody has lessons so nobody can teach her how to navigate?
forgive her.
she loves. perhaps she will love you in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment