Someone told me recently, that to become a great writer and to really learn what my voice sounds and looks like on paper, that I simply need to write. Write when it sucks, write when the grammar doesn't come, write when you have nothing to say, write when you have everything to say.
I worry that I have nothing to say, yet at the same time have everything to say. I am 24 years old, who listens to a 24 year old. What if it is not good enough? What is good enough? Is it good enough to just try and be myself, or is good enough me trying to be my BEST self? And how do I know the difference? I love to write, but if no one loves to read it, I wonder what the point is?
Doubt, doubt, doubt. All of this doubt. The funny and ironic thing is that this 'doubt' voice isn't the 'little voice that is inside and swims around un-anounced until the most inopportune times'. No. This doubt voice is just there. It is always there. What is stuck at the bottom of my heart, and what keeps me going, and keeps me putting these words on the page is the voice that consumes my heart, that truly comes from the heart, saying that I am good. I am really good. Saying that I am the person who does anything I put my mind to, so just do it.
Just write.
No comments:
Post a Comment