Monday, December 8, 2008

Why are you crying pretty white girl?

Why are you crying pretty white girl?
Is it because you have a roof over your head and garments to keep you warm?
Is it because you have a family who loves and cares for you,
Or because of your incredible ability to think and do?

Why are you crying pretty white girl?
Is it because you are rich, rich in love and spirit?
Is it because your life is full and good,
Or because you want more, always more?

Why are you crying pretty white girl?
Is it because you see inequality all around you?
Is it because you see death, destruction, poverty and pain,
Or because you desperately wish to make the world full and good?

Why are you crying pretty white girl?
I cry because I have things everyone wants.
I cry because I am still sad, and is it wrong?
I cry because I can, it feels good, and it makes me strong.

No comments: