Friday, September 4, 2009

Dance and the World Dances with you (Apparently Literally)




Nothing cures a moment of weakness (see previous post) like a great 10 mile run accompanied by a great playlist.

Here is what ensued to make my day a fabulous day after crying on the floor of my closet while dust busting. (Yes even the best of us break down every once and a while).

As I rounded a curve along the running path, "Eye of the Tiger" had just completed on my iPod. I was thoroughly pumped up from the various techniques of fist and air punches and pumps I had just done (while running) to the ENTIRE song. After all I'm "rising up back to the top, got the guts got the glory!" because I'm "Just a Girl and her will to survive!".

The next song up was Christ Brown's "Forever". I instantly began to literally dance, bump my head, pump my fists, shake my butt, (all while running). I am reflecting that this song represents what I want; I want to find a man who will dance down the aisle with me and make me the happiest woman in this world all the while permitting everyone else around us to dance too.

So I'm getting my groove on while dancing, not worrying too much about the few passersby or people in the distance, when low and behold I began to run towards a middle aged man who is seemingly homeless. He has a kind face and sort of watches me as I pass with a small grin.

Next thing I know, the kind-faced homeless man is running next to me and DANCING WITH ME!!!! I smile, and jam out with him for a few moments, then after an awkward amount of time I get a little uncomfortable, and then he drops back.

Literally, I danced...and the world danced with me.

The man could not hear my music, but still danced along with me to his own song that was in his head.

I vow to always dance when the mood strikes me. I am a terrible dancer, but then again it is my song and my dance.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear, are not a terrible dancer. I remember some times, some frat parties, and some crazy nights...

Love you.

Nikki