Thursday, September 3, 2009

Things Are Working Out


In the front of my journal is a prayer that goes like this:

May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be confident knowing you are a child of God, let his presence settle into your bones and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.

I feel as though we spend so much time in disappointment and anxiety. We don't trust that our souls are guiding us, and that the universe is unfolding as it should; but we fret and worry and try SO hard to control.

What continues to blow my mind is that one moment our entire existence utterly and completely makes sense. And the next moment it all has never made sense. How do we fight with these moments? How do we really put faith in just 'being' when there are constant questions never being answered?

Why did he stop loving me? What did I do wrong? Why do I give them the power when I know I shouldn't? Why did he not fight? Will I ever be worth fighting for? Why can't I trust what my soul tells me every day? Why do I still ask these questions?

Our souls know that the most important thing is being present. Being present in your life, in your friends and in your family. Just be. But why is one of the simplest and seemingly easiest things....the most difficult?

The humbling and freeing truth is that we MUST trust our souls, and TRUST that things are working out. We HAVE to, otherwise life is too much even for the most fortunate.

No comments: