Friday, May 22, 2009

Dear Corrine,

It has been so many days, so many months that you have been to visit. Lost in the deep questions of life as they build one upon another so drastically that pretty soon you begin to forget why you asked that number one question in the first place.

There are so many ugly things that have been happening around you. So much ugly behavior and infidelity that you see. I am sorry for you.

They say this too shall pass and that if anyone can handle an ugly situation like this it is you; but I know you don't think so. The one thing you must do, however, is trust yourself. Trust that you can let it go, and 'things', life, non life, coincidences, serendipitous events, will happen the way they are supposed to and meant to. Trust that your soul will tell you what to do and when to do it. Trust that what is ugly now is actually very beautiful. Broken love, the beauty of it. What you get from it, that is beautiful.

I know it is hard to trust in something that seems so ugly and so scary right now. What are your real fears? Don't be afraid that the ugly hole that you were falling into is the only hole that will ever be available for you to fall into. Trust that the things that really made the situation ugly were real. They really happened and they really were ugly. So ugly that what you will get out of it will be pure beauty.

You will get freedom. You will get yourself back. What I'm trying to say is that I miss you, and soon the beauty will come.

Trust yourself. Let it go. There is beauty in the breakdown, and there is beauty in letting go, and the most beauty comes when all of that is over and you are back.

Love,
C

No comments: