5th Grade
I remember the first day I had to wear a bra like it was yesterday. The comfort of skin on cotton and the freedom that allowed was replaced by a binding and itchy bra. It felt like it was crawling all over my entire body and all I wanted to do was scream. It was like I had this itchy secret and was so afraid people would figure it out. What if they saw the bra straps? What if my best friend told someone and then they would all talk about how I was the first to wear a real bra?
It was well overdue however. My little pointy boobs had been bouncing all over the place on the basketball court for a few months now. I’m not sure why I never noticed that it hurt. I would stand in front of the mirror in my uniform and stick out my chest. I liked my figure because it was a grown-up figure. I looked much older than the other girls. Then I would remember that no one else had what I had and I was so ashamed by my floppy boobs that I would spend much of the time hunching over as I ran up and down the court (but I assure you, I always scored the most points, even on the co-ed teams).
The bra was so uncomfortable I could barely stand it. I kept fidgeting and groping myself all day because it just never felt like it was in the ‘right’ place. It always felt like it was riding up my back, or like one boob wasn’t in the bra anymore. It was like having an annoying little brother who never left you alone, yet much more secretive.
Half way through the day I went into the bathroom and just took it off. I was fed up. It was such a relief, like the feeling you get when you take off your socks under the covers, just relief. The only problem was, what should I do with the bra I just took off? I thought about stuffing it in my pockets and walking back to class, but then I’d have to explain what I was hiding in my pockets, and I’d also have to put it in my desk. I just wanted to get rid of it. As my eyes started to well up and a huge lump in my throat began choke me, I looked down and saw the toilet. I didn’t think twice, I just dropped the bra in the toilet and pulled down on the lever. I flushed the first bra I ever owned and wore down the toilet. All I can say is; good thing public schools have powerful toilets with great flushing ability.
1 comment:
tom-boy wears a training bra...? that was me.... but i think flushing your first bra down the toilet is a much better climax; our generations bra burning? i wonder what girls these days feel? is it embarrassment as it was for our generation? or has society placed a new kind of excitement in breasts that being the first to wear a bra is now the "popular" thing? *wonderful chronicles cor! i can't wait to read more!*
Post a Comment