Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie


Ranger gave me a book. I love it when Ranger gives me books, this is the first one, but I still love it.

(Sidenote...boys who give me books get 10 extra points, boys who give me books they have read AND annotated...OMG it's orgasmic!)

First of all...initials in the front cover...uber cute!

I decided to also highlight what I found profound, in pink highlighter of course!

The greatest of double highlights is:

Morrie: "Life is a series of pulls back and forth. You want to do one thing, but you are bound to do something else. Something hurts you, yet you know it shouldn't. You take certain things for granted, even when you know you should never take anything for granted. A tension of opposites, like a pull on a rubberband. And most of us live somewhere in the middle."

Me: "Which side wins?"

Morrie: " Love wins. Love always wins."


So fabulous to know that we feel the same way! Love totally ALWAYS wins. People in this world cannot even fathom how deep the love abyss goes. There is so much love to be had, to be given, to be shared. If we could all take a moment and realize how wonderful we feel when we are feeling the love. Really, deeply, truly feeling it.

The second best double highlight was the sharing of the three animals we would like to come back as. Morrie is discussing the soul and his belief in reincarnation. I glance at the bottom of the page and see three words written:

Fox
Dolphine (yes it is spelled that way...TOO cute)
Eagle

So I felt compelled to share mine in the open space to the right:

Dolphin
Orca Whale
Penguin? Or Girraffe? Or Loon? Or Mermaid? Or..hmm...

This book was a great read. One can get wonderful things from this old man on his deathbed if you really try. The big step now is acting on those lessons. It is one thing to say you believe in them, to say you believe in the power of love and community and change, and quite another to live your life acting out those lessons each and every day.

No comments: