Thus brings a new fourth of July weekend.
I will admit that I am entirely unable to be lonely, sad, or nostalgic about the previous fourth of July spent with the BOY (just to clear it up, not MAN, but BOY) who I knew deep down wasn't the one for me, but who I thought on the surface of my heart was the one for me. Anyhow, the people, the alcohol, the bon fires, the jokes and laughter, all compile to create an incredibly crazy and ridiculously stupid and care free weekend where if you are sad, it is entirely your own fault.
Aunt Barb: "Where's John! It's taking him forever to drive in from Chicago!"
Uncle Doug: "I don't know, he's totally AOL"
Much murmur and more chatter from various parts of the bonfire circle. No one seemed to immediately pick up on my Uncle Doug's misuse of the two very different acronyms.
After it registered, the delay probably due to the alcohol that has been consumed over the night, finally we realized you can't go "AOL" ...it's you have to be "AWOL".
No comments:
Post a Comment